Tuesday, September 3, 2013

India Time

Hello everyone!

So, I haven't posted in awhile because I have been very busy. I started my schedule last week and have been moving pretty fast ever since. I am loving every minute of it though! I am getting to do such a variety of things.

One of the things I had to get used to was India time. I am not talking about the clock. Rather just the sense of timing that they have here in India. They don't live by their clock like we do in the west. So, if they say we are leaving at  9:30 for something, we will leave by about 9:45, or the entire plan will change and we will go somewhere different than we had planned. It is very interesting to get used to that, yet I love the way they are laid back about everything.

So, I got a good taste of this India timing this weekend, when I was told on Saturday afternoon that I would be preaching Saturday night for a bunch of girls from the college, most of whom are Hindu. Luckily, the Holy Spirit works very well with India timing, He gave me words to speak to these students when I preached to them.

I was also given the privilege to preach at a village church on Sunday. I spoke about the story of Elijah challenging the prophets of Baal in 1 Kings 18. I was very blessed by the people at the church. After the message, many people came to the front and asked for prayer from our intern team (4 of us). Many came up for physical and emotional healing. Glory to GOD.

I am loving getting to know the team here on the IGL campus as well. There are three other interns here: 2 girls from Germany and 1 girl from Ohio. So, yes, I am the only boy! Although I do get my fix of male bonding time when I go to the college boys' hostel twice a day, once for devotions and once for sports! We do get some short-term teams coming in as well. We are about to say goodbye to a team from Australia. I will very much miss my their accents.

GOD Bless

Praise and Prayer Points:

  • Praise GOD for allowing me to preach His Word twice this weekend.
  • Praise GOD for all the work IGL is accomplishing for His Kingdom
  • Pray for the IGL Staff and their families.
  • Pray for the college boys, that we may show them Jesus.
  • Pray for that village church to grow in numbers.

2 comments: