Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Comfort

Hello Everyone!

I am long over due  for a blog update, so buckle up! The last couple weeks have been exciting and challenging. Last week, we had a medical team from Ohio come, so we helped them with medical camps . We got the privilege of going to a different village every day. By the grace of GOD, we got to serve hundreds of people's physical needs. For many of the people in this village, this would be the only chance to receive medical care for a very long time. 

I would like to share a quick story from last Wednesday  with you.

 "So we were at a medical camp and I was helping the Optometrist who had come to serve. After lunch, we got back to our eye glasses-distribution table, when about 60 people crowded the table. We couldn't get them to form a line and they were all crowding the table yelling. Mostly, they were yelling at each other because they all wanted to be first to get glasses. It reminded me of my 1st grade class fighting to be the first in line for lunch, except these were grown adults and they were much angrier. A few men started to get physical with one another. It turned into a mini riot, and we could not gain control. 

In the midst of all the craziness, I noticed a younger man right in the middle of the crowd. He was not yelling like everybody around him. He was holding a little baby girl in his arms, who, by some miracle, was sleeping. I looked into his eyes and saw that they were rolled to the back of his head. He had some kind of birth deficiency  that left his eyes out of place. After the crowd was controlled (which took about 15 minutes) the line got moving again. The man finally got his turn to see the eye doctor after waiting very patiently. When he got to the doctor, the doctor explained to him that no glasses could fix his eyesight and that there was nothing that could be done for him. He walked away slowly and my heart immediately broke for him. He had so much hope to be healed and then it was crushed.

I could not keep my eyes off of him as he walked back into the streets of the village. I had one of those moment of hesitation, where the Holy Spirit was clearly telling me to go and pray for him, but I ignored it. Finally, the man turned a corner and I had no idea where he went. But I still heard that still voice in my head saying "GO". So I started running down the village street, hoping to somehow catch the man. I turned a corner and it was as if he was waiting for me. He hadn't gone far at all. I approached him and asked if I could pray for him. I got to pray for him and his daughter. I prayed that he could receive physical healing, but more importantly, spiritual healing." Our GOD is faithful and I believe this man will be healed.

This weekend was good as always, I preached at an english service, So for once I didn't have a translator. I spoke about my favorite passage Matthew 25:31-45 and the importance of loving the least. My favorite thing to talk about!

This week has been very difficult for me. I received news on Monday that my Grandfather had passed away. I am so incredibly thankful for the 18 years I had with him. Although, I am finding it very difficult to  be away from my family during this time, but GOD is good and he is the Ultimate Comforter! He is changing and growing me through it all. Glory to GOD.

Praise and Points:
  • Praise the Lord for the physical needs that were met last week by the medical team!
  • Praise the Lord for pushing me to do things that often seem uncomfortable!
  • Pray that GOD would change the lives of the college boys we are witnessing to.
  • Pray for that man in the village, that he will be healed physically and spiritually
  • Pray for my family back at home as they are mourning and organizing a funeral.
  • Pray that the Comforter will help me continue my work to honor my Him and my grandfather as well.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment